section 590(2)


590(2) An accused may at any stage of his trial apply to the court to amend or to divide a count that (a) charges in the alternative different matters, acts or omissions that are stated in the alternative in the enactment that describes the offence or declares that the matters, acts or omissions charged are an indictable offence, or (b) is double or multifarious, on the ground that, as framed, it embarrasses him in his defence.