section 691(1)


691(1) A person who is convicted of an indictable offence and whose conviction is affirmed by the court of appeal may appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada (a) on any question of law on which a judge of the court of appeal dissents; or (b) on any question of law, if leave to appeal is granted by the Supreme Court of Canada.